Aquatics Customer Service and Marketing Coordinator
Inner West - Leichhardt Park Aquatic Centre
About Inner West Council
Formed from the amalgamation of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville Councils, Inner West Council is now among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 185,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs.
As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, WHS, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its ‘Values First’ with flexibility, integrity, respect and the spirit of team as a set of values and associated behaviours for all levels in the organisation. We expect commitment to these values from all employees in performing their respective roles
We offer career life balance with hours that allow you to relax and recharge. Many roles offer roster days off giving even greater quality of life and balance. (please check details within the advert)
Permanent employees benefit from our great value gym membership from $13.50/week giving access to a vast network of gyms in Sydney.
Sign up to our job alerts here
About the role
Contribute to the health and wellbeing of the Inner West community through the coordination of the aquatics customer service and marketing team for the IWC‘s aquatics facilities including a commitment to promote healthy and active lifestyles for all age groups.
A key focus of this position is to work with the aquatics management team to provide high quality customer experience through staff, services, program information and messaging in relation to the IWC’s aquatics facilities. The position will coordinate, develop and work with all aquatics facilities and centre staff in delivering an integrated management approach across the group. Collaboration and planning will be required to develop key information, promotions, programs, policies and processes to ensure high levels of customer experience are achieved.
Key outcomes required include high levels of community uptake and participation in fitness, wellness, learn to swim and aquatics activities resulting in enhanced health and wellbeing of the community within the IWC local government area.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$84,582 - $96,988 p.a. + super
May be required to work mornings, evenings and weekend work from time to time.
- Flexible work arrangements and RDO scheme
- Strong learning and development focus and culture
- Health and wellbeing programs including a subsidized gym membership to a network of Sydney gyms
- Social sports groups
- Develop and coordinate customer services and marketing for Aquatic Facilities including Ashfield Aquatic Centre, Dawn Fraser Baths and Leichhardt Park Aquatic Centre to support local recreation activity and participation.
- Manage membership sales and service processes for Aquatics Facilities, including regular communications with members including newsletters, advertising and offers, membership information and relevant centre
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of marketing plans and activities for Aquatics Facilities programs in line with Council policy and procedures, including social media, website, print and face to face communications.
- Undertake market research for Aquatic Facilities including surveys, mystery shopping and industry analysis to ensure Council’s Aquatic Facilities maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
Some of the required skills, experience and qualifications
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in marketing, recreation or a related discipline and/ or equivalent industry experience
- Extensive experience in the management of customer and membership services within the recreation sector
- Relevant qualifications or experience in sales, marketing and promotions within the recreation sector
- Extensive experience in coordinating engagement and facilitation to achieve set objectives and a commitment to community development principles
- Experience in business planning and management, project management, contract management, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Aquatic Facilities Manager, Simon Duck on (02) 9392 5543
Sunday 20 May 2018, at 11:30pm
How To Apply
We recommend you read the Position Description for the role to make sure your application addresses the requirements of the position. Council is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. Please advise us within the application if you need support, reasonable adjustments to participate successfully in the recruitment process.
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions below - on the following page you'll be asked to add your resume. At this stage of the process, depending on the position you are applying, we may also ask for a range of documents such as copies of your qualification(s), working with children checks, licences/tickets, drawings/examples. Therefore please make sure you have these ready before you apply.